What is a chakra?
The subtle body is a part of you that you can’t see on an x-ray or dissect in anatomy class, it’s where your energy flows, which is why it’s also referred to as the energy body. There are seven key areas in the subtle body that are thought to be wheels of energy, known as chakras. When energy becomes blocked or unbalanced in a chakra, it may cause physical, mental, or emotional imbalances that manifest in symptoms such as anxiety, fatigue, or difficulty communicating, to name a few. There are 7 chakras, all with their own unique qualities. The first one resides at the bottom of the spine, chakras two to six are along the spine and the last one is just above the head.
What is an affirmation?
Positive thoughts that focus and retrain your mind to align itself with what you want in life, and how you want to feel. Just to differentiate from a mantra, mantras are powerful sounds or words that you repeat or listen to when meditating to help raise your vibrations and focus your mind. Affirmations are words you repeat that affirms something.
How can I use chakras and affirmations together?
Inspired by the chakra balancing guided visualization I created for the guests at the wellness hotel I teach yoga and meditation at, I have crafted a 21 days of chakra affirmations printable for you. There are 3 affirmations for each of the 7 chakras so taking just one a day, it takes 21 days to work through them all. Of course, you can repeat as many of the affirmation as you like, as often as you like. Just click here to access your printable. You will also receive recipes, curated yoga and meditation playlists, early event access, hot-off-the-press wellness articles and any important Wild Soul news direct to your inbox.
How to use your affirmations printable:
- Print your affirmations and stick them somewhere you will see them every day e.g. near a mirror or your pinboard.
- Choose a time of day where you will have 5 minutes undisturbed to devote to creating this habit consistently over three weeks.
- Take three deep breaths, inhaling and exhaling slowly to empty out the lungs of air each time.
- Out loud, or in your head, read out the days affirmation.
- Repeat the affirmation 3-5 times, really focusing on the meaning.
- Take another three deep breaths, allowing your body to absorb the positive feeling of the affirmation.