Sorry to sound like a cliché here but I love a bit of pumpkin spice this time of year! As a bigger savory than sweet food fan, all things spiced are right up my street.
I haven’t been able to find pumpkin spice mix in the shops and believe me I have tried the last few years. So finally, I came up with my own and wondered why I didn’t do it sooner.
To make your pumpkin spice mix for the cookie recipe I am about to share or to add to porridge, chia puddings, or coffees, you will need a teaspoon each of the following –
- mixed spice
Ok onto the chia cookies. As I am lucky enough to be brand ambassador for Chia Active, I have a plentiful supply of chia to eat daily and experiment with and I was determined to use them in something baked. Up to now all the recipes I have shared with the exception of chia jam which requires a little bit of heat on the hob, have been raw. After a bit of experimentation and delicious baking smells from my kitchen every Saturday, I now present my Pumpkin Spice Chia Cookies 😊 Made with all whole foods and vegan friendly.
These are delish with a cuppa and perfect for cosy afternoons on the sofa in your lounge wear.
- your spice mix as above
- 1 cup porridge oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon nut butter
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Dash pink salt
- Optional teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit/200 celsius/180 fan oven
- Have a tray ready with non stick paper
- Combine all of the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl
- Spoon a tablespoon of the mixture onto the paper and press down to form a cookie shape
- The consistency will depend a bit on the texture of your liquids here eg the brand of nut butter used and your maple so feel free to add a little more nut butter if your mixture is too dry. Add more maple if you have a sweeter tooth.
- Continue to spoon and press until all of the mixture has been used
- Bake for 10 minutes but keep an eye on them as ovens vary
- Allow to cool on a wire tray before demolishing.
Paid partnership with Chia Active